Wednesday, April 29, 2009

4/28 Playlist - The LAST of Spring '09

** =New Music
Stuck Between Stations - The Hold Steady
Crooked Teeth - Death Cab For Cutie
Mercy Me - Alkaline Trio
Anytime - My Morning Jacket
A Little More For Little You - The Hives
**Summer Job - Art Brut
What Wolves Would Do - Les Savy Fav
Broadway - Foxboro Hot Tubs
D Is For Dangerous - Arctic Monkeys
Ode To LRC - Band Of Horses
The Rabbit, The Bat and the Reindeer - Dr. Dog
My Girls - Animal Collective
Hysteria - Muse
Buggin' - The Flaming Lips
Gold Soundz - Pavement
The Grey Estates - Wolf Parade
**I Am An Alcoholic - NOFX
Carnage - ALL
Holland, 1945 - Neutral Milk Hotel
**Animal - Miike Snow
Be The One - The Ting Tings
Ladies Of Cambridge - Vampire Weekend
The Ruling Class - Loose Fur
Black Like Me - Spoon
Airstream Driver - Gomez
Vanessa From Queens - Stephen Malkmus
**Last One To Die - Rancid
Career Opportunities - The Clash
Nothing To Worry About - Peter, Bjorn and John
Ulysses - Franz Ferdinand
Not Fair - Lily Allen
Summer Teeth - Wilco
I Will Dare - The Replacements
Young Pilgrims - The Shins
Echos Myron - Guided By Voices
**When I Died - The Thermals
Me And Mia - Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
**Help, I'm Alive - Metric
This Charming Man - The Smiths
Bikeage - The Descendents
Constructive Summer - The Hold Steady

NOTES: AHH! LAST SHOW! WHAT DO I DO NOW? Really, though. Last show of the spring semester, and it worked out with me playing my "Greatest Hits" and a good mix of listener requests and a LOT of questions. That's the good stuff! We heard new stuff from NOFX, Rancid, Metric, and an up-and-comer named Miike Snow, and we also discovered that I am a complete naïve 22-year-old, and never realized that Ted Leo's masterful "Me and Mia" is about bulemia and anaorexia. But hey, I just always thought it was a great song.

We ended with the Hold Steady's "Constructive Summer" as a way to say, well, I'll just quote the lyrics: "Let this be my annual reminder/ That we can all be something bigger/We're all our only saviours/We're gonna build something this summer." Thanks for listening and requesting everyone, I'll see you (through the radio?) in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment