Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Halfway to Bonnaroo

It's no longer just a thought, no longer just an idea, or no longer just a thing to say amongst friends. I am going to the Bonnaroo festival on June 11 in Manchester, Tennessee! As of 10:36 EST this morning, I purchased my ticket to the festival I've been dying to go to for years. The total ticket price (after service fees and stuff) came to $282.60 (thank you IRS!), and that price is worth it for Bruce Springsteen, the Beastie Boys, Wilco, and David Byrne alone. Not to mention the tons of others I'm pumped to see; Hell, I even know Phish will be a good time. So far my pal Eddie has ordered his ticket, and my friends Dave and Emily who went last year are planning on going again. Bring on the hot sun, smelly hippie people playing hackey sack, and lots and lots of beer!

The current lineup is very impressive, and the website claims that there will be more artists to come! (Although sadly, my favorite band is already doing shows those days.) Is there room for one more big band, like, say, Modest Mouse?

No comments:

Post a Comment