Friday, February 27, 2009

Craig Finn + Rachel Ray = WTF!?

Lord 'a mercy. This is a tough one to deal with. I guess it is because The Hold Steady is my favorite band, and Rachel Ray is one of my least favorite Food Network personalities. According to EW.com, Rachel Ray's party at next month's South By Southwest Festival (SXSW if you're uber-hip) will include such bands as The Thermals, Semi-Precious Weapons, The Airborne Toxic Event, and... the Hold Steady. ¿Que? The celebri-chef was quoted as saying the following:
"Some of the bands are new to me, like the Thermals and Semi Precious Weapons, but I sincerely love all of them. I'm a huge Hold Steady fan! Seriously. And I love Bob Schneider. Austin is my favorite city outside of New York, I just love how they do things, and the spirit of it."
Ok, Rach. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one. Just make sure those boys have enough of your 30-Minute Meals to keep up standing up straight, because since you're such a big fan, I bet you know that they drink like the Replacements. This one just seems like an awkward pairing to me, but more power to her, I s'pose.




1 comment: