Wednesday, August 18, 2010

On The Grind, Off The Air

I realized today, whilst sitting in my parent's house (which has sadly become mine again for a short period of time), that I haven't written anything down in awhile and should probably do so. Since this blog mostly revolved around my weekly radio program that was The Alternative Ulster, I find it fitting that I should write about music...because a lot has happened since May 11th - the final broadcast of the 'Ulstah.'

First of all, the support from listeners has been great, and words alone cannot express my gratitude for all the kind words. I'll give the Reader's Digest version of the strange occurrence at my job today: To make end's meet, I work at the same place I did before I went away to college and live at my
parent's house in shit-talking, ass-backwards Ayer, Mass. A co-worker was talking to me about someone who used to work there five years ago when I did and she mentioned hearing my radio show and said she enjoyed it. This baffled me, which brings us to the present - me getting sentimental with a glass of pinot noir and bloggin' it up. So I wanted to quickly say thank you to everyone who has ever listened and has supported me; you know who you are and I can't express my gratitude via a computer screen. But thank you!

Now that the gooey show-of-emotion is out of the way, I thought I would share my favorite musics of the past few months since the demise of TAU. It's been one hell of a year, and we've still got the post-VMA and pre-holiday squeeze to look forward to. In summation, I highly recommend the following releases for your listening pleasure:




Sleigh Bells - Treats



Tokyo Police Club -
Champ




Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty




Defiance, Ohio - Midwestern Minutes




The Arcade Fire - The Suburbs




The Gaslight Anthem - American Slang




Wavves - King of the Beach




The Goodnight Loving - The Goodnight Loving Supper Club


Jesse Malin - Love It To Life




Wolf Parade - Expo '86


Well now, that should hold you over for a few, yes? I will indeed make more extensive blog postings in the near future...especially if my life remains as mundane as it does at the present. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment