Monday, February 16, 2009

In Which The Nail Is Hit Directly On The Head

Music junkies, audiophiles, and bored college students have it made when it comes to finding new music, thanks to the internet-phenomenon known as Pandora. This comes as nothing new for most people (and myself), but the site continues to amaze me. As I was giving songs the stamp of approval and can the songs I've heard before, I noticed a little button that says "Menu" on the song. "What could possibly be the use of this 'Menu' button?" I ask myself, and, to no surprise, it was a menu giving me information about the song. Neat-o. One of the options was "Why was this song selected," so I clicked it. This is why Pandora is the zenith of internet radio:

"Based on what you've told us so far, we're playing this track because it features electric rock instrumentation, punk influences, mild-rhythmic syncopation, major key tonality and a vocal-centric aesthetic."

Yeah. Yep, that's right. That's EXACTLY right. Pandora just put my musical taste into words. Now I don't have to feel like this every time I go to the record store.

No comments:

Post a Comment